Saturday, April 1, 2017

Hearing and following Christ, all the way into eternal life

The Lord Christ Jesus is recorded to have said: 
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, 
and they follow Me, and I give them eternal life,
and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of My hand." (John 10:27-28, CFB)

What are the consequences, then, of theologians, pastors, elders, evangelists, who lead people away from hearing Christ's commandments, and from following Christ? 

Here for example is Christ's prime commandment: 
"This is My commandment: that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: that someone lays down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you." (John 15:12-14, CFB)

Where are the churches that put Christ's commandment first? 


No comments:

Post a Comment