Monday, August 3, 2020

Testimony from 7 years of life in Christ

Humility is what enabled me to be accepted as a disciple of Christ and receive the Holy Spirit, on the very first day I had genuine humility and no ounce of arrogance toward God, 21 April 2013, shown through wholehearted confessions that day, and preceded by years of showing to Christ my willingness to keep His words and commandments. And humility is still the necessary element that I bring to God, that enables me to be an instrument, a worker, and obedient, a new born and growing child of Almighty God.

Almighty God has shown this to me through many proofs. For example, one teaching/warning of Christ has been particularly hard for me to apply (Luke 6:25, the warning against consuming more food than one needs). But when I take time to ask Christ to help me keep this word of His, having recognised my own inability, then the power comes.

Likewise, when I have confessed like many Christians in the Bible, that I am a bond-servant (a slave) of the Lord of Heaven and Earth, Jesus Christ, and that I am thankful to be Christ's bond-servant, thus humbling myself, amazing things begin to happen.

Tragically, it seems that we live in an age where Satan is very effectively dropping the poison of pride into most everyone's heart and mind, even of people and churches who call themselves Christians. For these 7 years, I have been heartbroken and shocked many times by the behaviour, seemingly incorrigible due to pride, of people who profess to be followers of Christ. So, I must say, that alongside the value of humility, I have painfully learned the value of seeking truth, distinguishing between fact and falsehood, especially in regard to people's claims to be Christian, born anew in the Holy Spirit, and moral, etc.

Lastly, let me say that working in ministry now for about 7 years, with many years prior in close contact with churches, it has become a fairly strong hypothesis that there is a great need for humility and reform for Protestant as well as Catholic and Orthodox churches. That is to say, it seems that for centuries, ungodly pride, going beyond what is written in Scripture and being puffed up one in favour of the other, has worked its way deep into the marrow of all 3 church groupings. (See 1 Corinthians 1-4 for an excellent discussion of the problem of schism and how to solve it: do not go beyond what is written in Scripture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment